- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped (we used two chipotles since they were smaller)
- 3 ½ cups corn, fresh or frozen (we used frozen corn)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste (we used kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper)
- In a large nonstick skillet, pour the oil in, turning the heat up to medium. Once the oil’s hot, toss in the scallions, stirring constantly for 3 minutes or until softened. At this point, add the chipotle to the skillet, cooking for an additional minute. Now add the corn and water to the skillet as well, covering the skillet with a lid. Cook until the corn is warmed through, which should take 4 minutes. Take the lid off and continue cooking until the liquid’s evaporated, 2 minutes*. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper, serve immediately.
*When we took the lid off, the water had all but evaporated so we didn’t even have to wait 2 minutes before moving on.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !