- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken marinade
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salad dressing
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lime peel
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar (we used 3 Tbsp.)
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. each kosher salt and black pepper
- 5 cups shredded cabbage (we used napa cabbage)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and add them to a bowl (we use a large ziploc bag). Combine the chicken marinade ingredients and pour it over the chicken strips, tossing the chicken to make sure it’s fully coated in the marinade. Let the chicken sit for 10 to 30 minutes in the marinade (we went for 30 minutes and left the chicken in the fridge for those 30 minutes). Heat a large skillet up and add the chicken (including the marinade) to the skillet, cooking until the chicken’s fully cooked, stirring frequently. Leave the chicken off to the side to cool down.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the salad dressing ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the chicken, cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and peanuts, tossing to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad mixture, stirring everything thoroughly so the dressing reaches all the salad components. Serve right away.
We weren’t paid in any way to mention ziploc.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !