My father’s not into light, “dainty” breakfast dishes so he loves it when we make this for him !
- 1 cup crumbled cooked spicy pork sausage
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 can (12 oz.) Pillsbury Grands! Jr. Golden Homestyle or Golden Layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Take a cookie sheet out and line it with aluminum foil, spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Take a medium-sized mixing bowl out and add in the sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheese, gently stirring them together so everything’s equally distributed within the bowl. Take your biscuit dough and separate it into 10 biscuits. Now take half of the biscuits and either by pressing them or rolling them, get each one to spread out into 4 ½-inch rounds. Take the rolled out rounds and place them on the lined baking sheet. Spoon a little less than1/2 cup of the sausage mixture from the bowl into the middle of each round on the baking sheet. Take the remaining biscuits and press/roll them into 5-inch rounds, placing each one over the sausage mixture rounds. Press the edges firmly together, pushing the edges down with a fork to create a seal. Take a small-sized bowl out and mix the egg and water together so you have an egg wash. Brush the egg wash over the biscuits.
- Stick the sheet in the oven and let the dish bake for 13 to 18 minutes or until they look golden brown.
Yeah… funny story ! We thought we’d grabbed the right kind of biscuits but it wasn’t until we were making the dish that we realized we’d actually grabbed Grands! Southern Homestyle so we had less biscuits to work with and actually had some leftover filling which we told my father he could just use to act as a filling for a breakfast burrito.
We weren’t paid in any way to mention Pillsbury.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !