- 2 cups shredded fat-free or part-skim mozzarella cheese (8 ounces), divided
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ¾ cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagne noodles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese and leave it off to the side for now. Take a large mixing bowl out and combine the zucchini, ricotta, Parmesan, and 1 ½ cups of mozzarella together. Take either an 11 x 7 x 1 ½ or 12 x 7 ½ x 1 ½ inch rectangular baking dish out. Spread ¾ cup of the spaghetti sauce out across the bottom of the baking dish. Place 3 noodles over the sauce. Take half of the cheese mixture and spread it evenly over the noodles, followed by ¾ cup of the spaghetti sauce, adding another 3 noodles. Add the remaining cheese mixture and another ¾ cup of sauce, followed by the last 3 noodles and finally cover those noodles with the remaining sauce.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and stick it in the oven to bake for an hour or however long it takes for the noodles to get tender (1 hour’s always worked for us). Take the lasagne out, removing the foil. Sprinkle the ½ cup of mozzarella over the lasagne and leave the dish alone for 15 minutes before cutting into it and serving.
Recipe source unknown.
Taker care everybody !