- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes (we used chicken thighs)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
- One 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced (we used a 3-inch jalapeño and we left the seeds in)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (we used smoked paprika)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes (we used Hunt’s Crushed Tomatoes)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Basmati rice, for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for topping
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt* and ¼ teaspoon pepper* over the chicken. Take a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker out and mix together in it: the garlic, ginger, jalapeño, paprika, coriander, tomatoes, heavy cream, and ½ teaspoon salt. Toss the chicken into the slow cooker, stirring the chicken around so it’s fully coated in the tomato mixture.
- Put a lid on your slow cooker and let the dish cook on HIGH heat for 4 hours. 15 minutes prior to the 4 hour mark, take the lid off just long enough to add in the peas, putting the lid back on afterwards. Serve the slow cooker mixture over rice and top individual portions with the cilantro.
*We didn’t measure how much salt and pepper we sprinkled over the chicken, we just made sure it was well seasoned.
This turned out to be a really tasty dish ! Choosing to use smoked paprika gave the dish a smoky flavor it wouldn’t have had otherwise but the smokiness didn’t overwhelm the other flavors either.
We got this recipe from Food Network.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Food Network or Hunt’s.
Take care everybody !