- 3 pounds red potatoes (about 12 medium)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt (we used kosher salt)
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (we used yellow mustard)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- 11 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (we used Wright’s Thick-Cut Hickory Smoked Bacon)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped green onions (we just sliced our green onions)
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing (we used Wish-Bone’s brand)
- Cut all the potatoes into ½-inch cubes, placing them in a large pot afterwards, adding enough water to cover them. Turn the heat up high enough for a boil to occur. Once boiling, put a lid on the pot and turn the heat down so the water’s just at a simmer now. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes feel tender. Drain the water out and let the potatoes cool down until they reach room temperature.
- Slice the eggs in half, removing the yolks and placing them in a small mixing bowl. Chop up the egg whites and leave them off to the side for now. Mash up the egg yolks before adding in the sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, mustard, garlic powder, and pepper, mixing everything together afterwards. Leave this mayonnaise mixture off to the side just for now.
- Take a large mixing bowl out and add to it the potatoes, bacon, egg whites, celery, green onions, and the Italian dressing, tossing everything so it gets coated in the dressing. Add the mayo mixture to the large bowl, folding it in so it’s equally distributed throughout and coats everything. Put a lid on the large bowl and stick the potato salad in the fridge where it needs to sit for a minimum of 2 hours before you start eating it.
We got this recipe from Taste Of Home.
We weren’t paid in any way to promote Wright, Wish-Bone, or Taste of Home.
Take care everybody !