- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 12 peanut butter cups, chopped
- ½ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take a 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan out and grease the inside of it for now. Prepare the brownie batter according to the directions on the package. Pour the batter out into the baking pan, spreading it out evenly. Stick the pan in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick that’s inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups and peanuts over the brownie and stick the pan back in the oven for 4-6 minutes longer or until the chocolate has melted. Cool the baking pan on a wire rack.
- While the baking pan is cooling, take a large saucepan out. Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, salt, and butter to it, setting the heat to low. Stir the mixture together until the chocolate chips have melted and the entire mixture looks smooth. Take the saucepan off the heat and mix in the cereal and vanilla. Take the saucepan mixture and carefully spread it evenly over the brownies. Once the mixture has cooled enough (bottom of the pan doesn’t feel hot), cover the baking pan and stick it in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours before cutting them up into individual pieces.
Yield: 3 dozen
This is a perfect sweet snack, it’s salty and sweet, chewy and crunchy. You just have so many wonderfully contrasting things working together !
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !