- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup dried lentils (8 ounces), sorted and rinsed
- 1 large vegetarian vegetable or chicken bouillon cube, crumbled (we used chicken)
- 1 envelope (1.25 ounces) chili seasoning mix (we used hot flavored chili seasoning mix)
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and mild green chilies, undrained (we used a can of original Rotel)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- Take a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker out (we used a 4-quart) and mix together all the ingredients in it except for the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and set the heat to LOW, cooking for 8 to 10 hours (we went with 8 hours).
- Take the lid off and stir in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, putting the lid back on afterwards. Turn the heat setting up to HIGH and let the chili cook for an additional 5 minutes or until all of it’s heated through (5 minutes was good for us).
Supposed to serve 8 (about 1 cup per serving).
This is a spicy dish that’s so filling and it’s easy to make. You can turn this into a vegetarian dish simply by using a vegetable bouillon cube.
Recipe source unknown. We weren’t paid in any form to promote Rotel.
Take care everybody !