- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (we used Colavita extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 tsp. butter (we used 1 Tbsp. salted butter)
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (9 oz. each) pkgs. fresh spinach
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Take a non-stick skillet out and add the oil and butter to it, setting the heat to medium-low. Once the butter’s melted and the oil’s hot, toss the crushed red pepper and garlic into the skillet, cooking for 5 minutes, stirring now and then (we’ve never made it to the 5 minute mark and we stir continuously so the garlic can turn golden brown without getting burnt). Turn the heat up to medium-high and gradually add the spinach into the skillet, tossing the spinach constantly until all the spinach is in there and wilted (should take around 2 minutes). Add the salt in at the end, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.
This is such a simple, easy side dish to make. The flavor of the spinach, the heat from the crushed red pepper, the garlic flavor that definitely comes through (without making you feel like you need a breath mint afterwards) and the buttery feel in the mouth when you eat this, it’s awesome.
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to mention Colavita.
Take care everybody !