- 1-½ teaspoons plus ¾ cup butter, divided (we used salted butter)
- 3 cups sugar
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips (we used Ghirardelli classic white baking chips)
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme (we used Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme)
- 2 envelopes unsweetened black cherry soft drink mix
- Take a 13-in. x 9-in. pan out and line the inside with foil, greasing the foil afterwards with the 1-½ teaspoons of butter. Leave the pan off to the side for now. Take a heavy saucepan out and add the sugar, cream and remaining butter in it, stirring to combine. Set the heat to medium and wait for the mixture to come to a boil, stirring constantly the whole time. Once at a boil, continue to stir for an additional 4 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, stirring the chips and marshmallow creme in afterwards. Scoop 1 cup of the saucepan mixture out and place in a bowl for the time being. Add the black cherry mix to the saucepan, stirring to combine, pouring the mixture into the pan you prepped earlier. Take that 1 cup of the saucepan mixture and spoon it over the top of the mix in the pan, cutting through the mixture with a knife to create a swirl pattern.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for 1 hour until the fudge has become firm. Once firm, use the foil to lift the fudge out of the pan, throwing the foil away afterwards. Cut the fudge into 1-inch squares, putting them in an airtight container and back in the fridge if you’re not going to eat the fudge right away.
Overall, this was a really easy dish to make ! It’s sweet and a little tart tasting. Great as a dessert or a sweet snack. We thought that maybe we over swirled. The white aspect of the fudge didn’t look as bold as it did in the original picture that accompanied this recipe in the magazine.
We got this recipe from “Taste of Home”.
We weren’t paid in any form to mention Ghirardelli, Taste of Home, or the jet-puffed marshmallow creme.
Take care everybody !