- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb. beef flank steak, cut into thin bite-sized strips (we used 1 lb. of stir-fry beef)
- ¾ cup Green Giant Frozen Sweet Peas (any brand is fine)
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- ¼ cup sliced green onions (¼ to ½-inch pieces)
- ¼ cup purchased Szechuan stir-fry sauce
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Cook the rice in the water as directed on the package that the rice came in (we followed the package’s directions on how much water to use as well since it was different from the 2 cups listed in this recipe).
- While the rice is cooking, take a large skillet out and pour the oil into it, setting the heat to medium-high. Once the oil’s hot, add in the beef, stirring it around until the beef looks nice and browned.
- Now toss the peas and carrots into the skillet, stirring for 4 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables feel tender.
- Mix in the cooked rice, green onions, and Szechuan sauce into the skillet mixture, turning the heat down to medium-low afterwards. Cook the fried rice for an additional 5 minutes or just until heated throughout, stirring now and then. Pull the skillet off the heat and sprinkle with peanuts afterwards.
Overall, this is an easy dish to make. You can add the peanuts if you want to, it’ll add some more texture to the dish but the fried rice is still delicious even without the peanuts. The dish does have some heat to it but not enough to make your mouth feel like it’s on fire ! If you’d like it spicier though, simply pour some more Szechuan sauce over your portion.
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Green Giant.
Take care everybody !