- 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 ½ cups spreadable chive and onion cream cheese (we used Philadelphia Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread) (we had to buy 2 (7.5 oz. each) packages in order to get 1 ½ cups worth)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup butter (we used salted butter)
- ¼ tsp. pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- Kosher salt, to taste (the original recipe never calls for salt but we think adding it helped make it even tastier)
- Take a large saucepan out and add the butter and pepper to it, setting the heat to medium. Once the butter’s melted, add in everything but the salt, stirring for 8 to 10 minutes or until everything’s heated through. Add salt to taste. Serve immediately.
This is the first time we’ve had creamed spinach so we don’t know how this recipe compares to other versions but it’s got us sold on creamed spinach ! This tasted pretty good on its own but with some salt added to it, the flavors were even more pronounce ! You have to eat this immediately or else the cheese starts to solidify again. It’s gonna be tasty enough that you’ll want a big helping of this but it fills you up quicker than you’d think.
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Philadelphia cream cheese.
Take care everybody !