- 1 ½ cups water plus 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt (we used kosher salt)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (we used extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 garlic clove
- Take a medium-sized saucepan out and pour the water into it, turning the heat up high enough for boiling to occur. Once the water’s boiling, add in the rice and salt, putting a lid on the saucepan afterwards. Turn the heat down so it’s just at a simmer and let the rice cook for 16 to 18 minutes or until the water’s absorbed and the rice is tender.
- While the rice is cooking, get your blender and take the lid off of it. Add the cilantro, lime juice, oil, garlic, and the 2 tablespoons of water into the blender. Put the lid back on the blender and blend until the cilantro mixture’s smooth. Once the rice is cooked, stir the smooth cilantro mixture into it, fluffing the rice with a fork.
We took a bite of this and it didn’t seem to pop with flavor so we added some more salt and we could really taste the lime and cilantro afterwards.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !