- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil (we used extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and broken into pieces (we cut it into bite-size pieces, roughly 1 ½-inch pieces)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (we used 1 Tbsp. plus more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (we used at least ¼ tsp. Kosher salt)
- Take a large skillet out and pour the oil in, setting the heat to medium. Once the oil’s hot, add in the garlic, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans into the skillet. Cook and stir frequently for 10 to 13 minutes or until they reach your desired level of tender-crispiness.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper and salt and enjoy !
We weren’t satisfied with how much lemon flavor was coming through in the dish so we decided to add more lemon juice until we were happy with the flavor. 1/8 teaspoon of salt just didn’t seem like it was going to be enough to us so we started off with ¼ teaspoon and still added a little more to help bring out the flavors in the dish. The garlic didn’t taste burnt but it was dark enough looking by the end of cooking that we’re going to try adding it in later on during the cooking process next time we make this.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !