- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (we used a little more than 1 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil)
- ¼ tsp. salt (we used ¼ tsp. plus extra) (we used Kosher salt)
- ¼ tsp. pepper (we used ¼ tsp. plus extra) (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- Garnish: lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, add the broccoli, oil, salt and pepper to it, tossing to coat the broccoli*.
- Take an ungreased baking sheet (we chose to line ours with aluminum foil) and spread the broccoli** out on it. Place the sheet in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and golden (ours took about 14 minutes). Pull the sheet out and sprinkle the lemon juice over the broccoli and enjoy !
*After tossing around the broccoli, it didn’t seem like there was oil to around so we poured a little more in, tossing to coat again afterwards.
**Once the broccoli was spread out, it just didn’t look like it had enough seasoning so we sprinkled some more salt and pepper over the broccoli before it went in the oven.
The broccoli tasted good just with the salt and pepper but it was even better with the lemon squeezed onto it.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !