- ½ cup butter, melted (we used salted butter)
- 1 cup milk (we used whole milk)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups halved strawberries (we used about 1 lb*. of strawberries that we sometimes quartered if the strawberries were big)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Take a 9 x 13-inch baking dish out and pour the melted butter into it, tilting the dish so the butter completely coats the bottom.
- Take a small mixing bowl out and mix together the following ingredients in it: milk, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Once the batter’s spread out in the dish, add the berries (cut side down) in a single layer. Dot the strawberries** and batter with the cream cheese pieces.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the batter is golden brown on top and the edges are bubbling (we cooked ours for 30 minutes).
*We used 1 lb. because we wanted to make sure that there would be a strawberry in every bite.
**We’ll leave it up to you if you want to put cream cheese on top of the strawberries. As you’ll see in the pictures, a few of those pieces placed on top looked a little burnt on the top, but we never tasted any burnt flavor.
This is the first time we’ve made a cobbler and since strawberries are in season, we decided to try this recipe. The house was filled with the smell of strawberries as this was baking, it smelled delicious ! It’s possible that this could’ve done with a little more cooking since the top was golden but not golden brown, but the sides looked browned and didn’t want it getting burnt. This is a softer dessert so you’ll be scooping it out of the baking dish. This will also taste better when it’s eaten warm rather than cold.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !