- 1 cup dry converted white rice (we used Uncle Ben’s)
- 1 avocado, pureed
- ¼ cup each minced fresh cilantro and scallions
- 1-2 Tbsp. minced serrano chile or jalapeño (we used 2 tablespoons of minced jalapeño)
- 1 Tbsp. each extra-virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar
- Salt to taste (we used kosher salt)
- Cook the rice based off the directions found on the package it came in.
- Mix in the avocado, cilantro, scallions, jalapeño, oil and vinegar. Take a bite and season to taste with salt.
We really loved this dish. Avocado is the primary thing you’ll taste but you still get some flavor from the other components. It didn’t bother us but you will get a crunch in this from the jalapeño just giving you a heads up so you don’t accidentally think your rice is undercooked.
We got this recipe from Cuisine at Home.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Cuisine at Home or Uncle Ben’s.
Take care everybody !