- 1 (14 oz.) package shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapeño chile peppers, finely chopped (we used 2 jalapeños that were big enough they could’ve been used for jalapeño poppers)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (6 oz.) container plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise (we used regular mayonnaise)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. salt (we used kosher salt)
- Take a large mixing bowl out and mix the cabbage, jalapeño and cilantro together. In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, cumin and salt. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture, tossing to make sure everything’s coated in the dressing. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to eat.
Oh boy does this slaw live up to its name ! You can taste some tanginess in the dressing but this was so spicy we could only eat a small amount at a time so perhaps next time we make this, if the peppers are the same size, we’ll just use one jalapeño next time.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !