- 1 ½ cups catsup (ketchup)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup chopped onion (we used yellow onion)
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons vinegar (we used white vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (we used light brown sugar)
- 4 cups thinly sliced, cooked chicken (we used pulled breast meat from 2 rotisserie chickens)
- 9 sesame seed buns
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Take a medium-sized bowl out and mix all the sauce ingredients together in it. Take a 2-quart casserole dish out and place the chicken in it. Pour the sauce over the chicken, tossing to coat. Place in the oven to cook for 1 ½ to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve on the buns.
This is such an easy dish to make ! The sauce is sweet and tangy and the onions still have a little crunch to them which is a nice contrast to the tender chicken.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !