- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided (we used extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño
- 2 cups finely chopped green cabbage
- 2 cups finely chopped purple cabbage
- 1 ¼ cups finely shredded carrot (about a 1 (10-ounce) bag) (we used a 10-oz. bag of julienned carrots)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the oil into a small sauté pan, setting the heat to medium. Once the oil’s hot, add in the garlic and jalapeño, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant. Take the skillet off the heat and leave it off the now.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the cabbage, carrot, and tomatoes together.
- Add the garlic mixture (we took that to mean adding in the oil as well from the skillet), lime juice, honey, salt, pepper, cumin and the remaining tablespoon of oil into a small bowl, stirring to combine. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture, stirring everything together. If you’re not going to eat it right away, cover the slaw and refrigerate it for up to 2 days.
We really enjoyed how bright this slaw tasted ! We’ll have to add more jalapeños next time though ‘cause we barely got any heat from this. To get maximum crunch from this slaw, we’d advise waiting to toss the cabbage mixture with the dressing until you’re just about to eat.
We got this recipe from Louisiana Cookin’ magazine.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Louisiana Cookin’.
Take care everybody !