- 6 ears sweet corn, shucked
- Nonstick spray
- Oil (we used vegetable oil)
- Salt and black pepper (we used kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper)
- 2 tsp. minced lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 ½ cups sliced mini sweet pepper
- ½ cup sliced jalapeño (we halved, seeded and then sliced 2 jalapeños)
- ½ cup crumble Cotija
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat your grill to medium-high, brushing the grill grate with oil afterwards.
- Coat the corn in nonstick spray, seasoning it with salt and pepper afterwards. Grill the corn, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until it looks charred on all sides. Take the charred corn and place it on a cutting board, letting it cool down a little before cutting the kernels off the cobs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, honey and cumin together, seasoning it with salt and pepper afterwards.
- Add the corn, mini sweet pepper slices, jalapeño slices, Cotija cheese, cilantro and the vinaigrette to a large mixing bowl, tossing to combine. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste.
This dish just feels like the perfect summer side dish ! It’s so colorful and bright looking. You get a lot of different textures in this and despite how many slices of jalapeños are in the dish, it wasn’t overly spicy at all ! We really loved how much the flavor from the Cotija cheese came through but didn’t make the salad salty !
We got this recipe from Cuisine at Home.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Cuisine at Home.
Take care everybody !