- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup prepared or freshly grated horseradish (or as much as you can handle) (we used 1/3 cup of prepared horseradish)
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt (sea or kosher) and freshly ground black pepper to taste (we used kosher salt)
- Take a small mixing bowl out (2-cup capacity is all that’s needed) and whisk all the ingredients together until combined. Place the horseradish mayonnaise in a container, cover and let it sit in the refrigerator until ready to be used.
We got a new gas grill today ! Breaking in the grill, we decided to do a basic burger so we could get acquainted and used the horseradish mayonnaise on the burger.
You can taste the horseradish in the sauce but it’s not nearly as strong as we thought it would be. It’s really nice having the flavor of the lemon come through.
We got this recipe from “Barbecue Sauces Rubs And Marinades”.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote “Barbecue Sauces Rubs And Marinades”.
Take care everybody !