- 3 lbs. red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes (since they never said if they wanted the skin left on or not, we decided to leave the skin on)
- ½ cup olive oil (we used extra-virgin olive oil)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (we used a yellow onion)
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and fill it up with enough water to cover the potatoes. Turn the heat up high enough for boiling to occur. Once boiling, turn the heat down so it’s at a simmer and put the lid on, cooking the potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until tender. While the potatoes are cooking, take a small bowl out and whisk together the oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley, vinegar, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a large mixing bowl, adding in the onion afterwards. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the potatoes, tossing them afterwards to make sure they’re fully coated. Serve warm or stick them in the fridge to get chilled before eating.
This is a really nice bright potato salad thanks to the lemon and vinegar. You can also really taste the herbs in this and it all works great together. The potatoes are nice and tender so it’s great having a crunch from the onions.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !