- Margarita Dressing
- ½ cup frozen (thawed) nonalcoholic margarita mix
- ¼ cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 ¼ lb.) (we used 2 breasts that together weighed about 1 ¼ lb.)
- 6 cups bite-size pieces mixed salad greens (we used a 50/50 blend of spring greens and spinach)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium mango, seed removed, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat your gas or charcoal grill (we used a gas grill). Mix the dressing ingredients together with a wire whisk in a small bowl. Measure out ¼ cup of the dressing and pour it into a separate bowl to use for basting later.
- Place the chicken on the grill over medium heat. Cover grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through or until the chicken is fully cooked in the thickest part (at least 165 degrees). Brush the chicken with some of the dressing from that ¼ cup you set aside earlier. Continue cooking for 2 to 4 minutes longer, turning and basting frequently with the dressing (we went for 2 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the greens and strawberries together. Split the mixture up among 4 plates. Cut the chicken breasts into slices before equally dividing it between the 4 plates along with the mango and avocado. Sprinkle cilantro over the top of the 4 plates, drizzling any remaining dressing over the top of the salad portions afterwards.
This salad is full of flavor ! The dressing has some acidity to it and you taste the margarita mix in it, the greens are bitter, the strawberries and mango are sweet and the avocado is delicious and brings a creaminess to the salad. The chicken helps this feel like a salad you eat for dinner and makes it more filling. Mommy loves eating strawberries but I’m a lot pickier when it comes to enjoying them. This salad, it made me love eating strawberries !
We got this recipe from Betty Crocker.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Betty Crocker.
Take care everybody !