- ¾ cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed (from 12-oz. can)
- 1 (6-oz.) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 4 ½ cups cold water
- ¾ cup rum
- 3 ½ cups lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage (we used Sprite)
- In a large nonmetal container, add to it the pineapple juice concentrate, limeade concentrate, water and rum, stirring to combine. Put a lid on the container and freeze the mixture overnight.
- When you’re ready to enjoy this, pull the mixture out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes or until it becomes slushy (20 minutes did the job for us). For each serving, spoon ½ cup of the slush into a glass, followed by ¼ cup of the carbonated beverage. Serve right away (we had our drinks in mason jars and it took 2 servings to fill the glass up).
We loved this drink ! You taste the pineapple first but then you taste the limeade afterwards. You don’t taste the rum so much but this sweet-tart of a drink will have you feeling a buzz after one serving !
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Sprite.
Take care everybody !