- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion whites
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (we used frozen corn kernels)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion greens
- Sugar and salt to taste (we used sugar and table salt)
- Add the butter to a large nonstick skillet, setting the skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter’s melted, add in the following ingredients: bell pepper, scallion whites, mustard seeds, and the turmeric. Stir constantly for 2-3 minutes or until the scallion whites and the bell pepper have softened.
- Mix the corn into the skillet mixture, turning the heat down to medium and putting the lid on the skillet afterwards. Let the corn cook for 5 minutes or until it’s tender, stirring in the scallion greens next. Season with sugar and salt and serve immediately.
This is a nice quick-cooking side dish that is a little more subtle with its flavors, making it easier to pair with more dishes.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !