- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari (we used reduced-sodium tamari)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. liquid smoke (optional) (we used hickory liquid smoke)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (we used extra-virgin olive oil)
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Take a medium-sized bowl out and mix all the ingredients together in it. This can be used right away or stored in the fridge for up to five days. You can also freeze the marinade for up to a month.
You can taste the sweetness in this as well as the smokiness. We like using this to marinate tofu in (as seen in the second picture).
We got this recipe from the “The Edgy Veg” cookbook.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote The Edgy Veg cookbook.
Take care everybody !