- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Steam the green beans for 4 minutes or until they get crisp-tender, draining them afterwards.
- While the green beans are steaming, take a large mixing bowl out and whisk together the mint and remaining ingredients. Once the green beans are done steaming, add them to the bowl and toss them so they get coated in the dressing.
This is a delicious veggie side dish ! The green beans had a nice bite to them and the dressing was nice and bright tasting. You do taste the mint in this but it’s not overwhelming, it’s just a nice background flavor to the lemon juice in the dressing. This is supposed to serve 4 but it’s delicious enough that mommy and me finished it off all by ourselves !
This recipe came from Cooking Light.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Cooking Light.
Take care everybody !