- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini (our zucchini was ¼- to ½-inch thick)
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- 3 Tbsp. butter (we used unsalted butter)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (took 3 ears of corn for us to get 2 cups worth)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives (we sliced a .5 oz. package worth of chives)
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning mix (we used 3 tsp.* Lawry’s brand)
- Kosher salt*, to taste
- Add the butter to a large skillet, setting the heat to medium-high. Once the butter’s melted, add in the zucchini and onion, stirring frequently for 5 minutes (by this point our zucchini was tender). Add in the corn, chives and taco seasoning, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until tender (we just stirred until the corn was heated through). Taste and add salt to taste.
*The food initially tasted a little bland so we sprinkled the salt in to taste and added an additional teaspoon of taco seasoning as well and liked how it tasted by that point.
This is such a quick and easy side dish to whip up ! This is supposed to make 4 to 6 servings but it’s tasty enough that you’ll be lucky if this serves 3 people !
We got this recipe from Southern Living.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Lawry’s or Southern Living.
Take care everybody !