- 3 lb. of chicken wings, split at the joints, tips remove
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- Sauce ingredients
- ¼ cup melted butter (we used unsalted butter)
- 3 to 4 tsp. ground red pepper (we used 3 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. dark brown sugar
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Take 2 baking sheets and line them with aluminum foil, spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray afterwards. Divide the chicken wings between the two lined sheets, sprinkling the kosher salt and black pepper onto the wings afterwards. Place one baking sheet on the middle rack and the other on the bottom rack. Cook for 30 minutes, then switch places with the baking sheets and continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Near the end of the cook time on the chicken wings, take a small saucepan out and mix the following ingredients together in it over medium heat: melted butter, ground red pepper, dark brown sugar, ½ tsp. kosher salt, smoked paprika and garlic powder. Stir those ingredients together for 1 minute or until fragrant, taking the saucepan off the heat and stir in the apple cider vinegar afterwards.
- Place the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl, pouring the sauce over them afterwards and tossing to coat. Serve immediately.
These were delicious ! It started off with a little bit of sweetness and then the heat came in. There was definitely a spiciness that kept you coming back for more ! While I did enjoy the level of heat, I can’t wait to make this again with an additional teaspoon of ground red pepper just to see what it tastes like then !
The sauce recipe came from Southern Living.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Southern Living.
Take care everybody !