- 4 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits (we used the 5-minute quick cooking grits)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (we used pepper Jack cheese)
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground fresh black pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Take a large saucepan out and pour the water in, setting the heat to medium-high. Once the water’s boiling, slowly whisk the grits in, turning the heat down to medium-low afterwards. Let the grits simmer for 5 minutes or until they’re tender. Stir in the cheese and remaining ingredients and serve right away !
The flavors seemed really subtle at first but once we added some additional salt, the flavors popped a lot more ! You can taste the Jack cheese first and foremost but you can taste the Cheddar cheese near the end of the bite. If you’ve never had grits before, this is a delicious way to be introduced to them !
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !