- 1 package (18-¼ ounces) lemon cake mix (we used a 15.25 oz. package of Betty Crocker Super Moist Lemon Cake Mix)
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup butter, melted (we used unsalted butter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (we used a large egg)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine (the dough will look crumbly). Roll the dough into 1-inch balls (we used a rounded teaspoon to yield 1-inch balls), placing each ball two inches apart on ungreased baking sheets (we lined our sheets with aluminum foil before placing the balls on them).
- Place each sheet in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are set (we cooked ours for 8 ½ minutes). Let the cookies cool for a minute before taking them off and moving them to a wire rack where they can finish cooling off.
Yield: About 4 dozen (we got around 56 cookies)
These are some adorably tiny cookies (you could finish each cookie in two bites at most). You get the nice lemon flavor without the pucker power. When this comes out of the oven it feels pillowy soft but after a couple of minutes it becomes chewy with crispiness from the bottom of the cookie. We didn’t really understand why the rice cereal was added to this because the little bit of crispiness that we felt seemed to come only from the bottom of the cookie. Nice for when you want a sweet treat but you don’t want to indulge too much.
We got this recipe from Taste of Home.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Betty Crocker or Taste of Home.
Take care everybody !