- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (we used extra-virgin olive oil)
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (from 6 ears, maybe less depending on the size of your ears of corn)
- ½ cup chopped scallions (we sliced ours)
- 1 pint multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 ½ oz. crumbled Cotija cheese (1/3 cup)
- Take a small mixing bowl out and whisk together the cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper together in it. Slowly whisk the oil in until combined and your dressing is complete !
- In a large bowl, stir together the corn, scallions, tomatoes and radish slices. Take the dressing and gently stir it into the large bowl, making sure that the dressing coats the other salad components. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and you’re ready to eat !
When it comes to how this tastes, I think mommy’s statement after taking her first bite best describes this: “F**k this is delicious !”. When you try the dressing before it’s mixed in, it seems like you’re going to have some serious pucker power in every bite of the salad but once it’s coating all the other components and especially after the Cotija cheese is sprinkled on, the flavor of the lime juice just becomes a nice pleasant bright note in this. We love Cotija so we crumbled up more than just 1/3 cup just so we could have cheese in every serving. The funky flavor of the Cotija cheese pairs perfectly with the flavor of the lime juice and cilantro that comes through in this dish. Another awesome thing about this recipe? There’s ZERO cooking involved ! As hot as it can get here in the summer, any dish that doesn’t require heat is an awesome summer recipe!!!
We got this recipe from Cooking Light (we weren’t paid in any form to promote them).
Take care everybody !