- 2 (9 oz. each) bags of Beyond Meat Beyond Chicken Strips Grilled, cooked (we cooked the strips in extra-virgin olive oil) and cut into 1-inch cubes afterwards.
- Ground black pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- ½ tablespoon canola oil or vegetable oil (we used canola oil)
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetable blend (we used 2 cups of vegetables from a package of Bird’s Eye Broccoli, Carrots, Sugar Snap Peas & Water Chestnuts)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (we used smooth peanut butter)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (we used kosher salt)
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles or rice (we used whole wheat fettuccine)
- Take a medium-sized mixing bowl out and add the following ingredients to it, stirring to combine: coconut milk, peanut butter, ginger, crushed red pepper, a light sprinkle of pepper and the ½ teaspoon of salt. Set the coconut sauce off to the side for now.
- Pour the oil into a wok or large heavy skillet (we used a skillet), setting the heat to medium-high. Once the oil’s hot, toss in the vegetable blend and peas, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes or until all the vegetables are heated through (took us longer than 3 minutes). Add the cubed chicken and coconut sauce to the skillet, stirring to combine. Cook just long enough for everything to get heated through. Serve immediately over the noodles.
Originally this recipe used actual chicken meat but we decided to turn this into a vegan dish ! You can definitely taste the coconut milk and peanut butter in the sauce and there’s a little bit of heat at the end of the bite. This isn’t bad when it’s at room temp. but it’s tastiest when the sauce is nice and hot. We hope you’ll try this and enjoy this as much as we did !
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Beyond Meat or Bird’s Eye.
Take care everybody !