- 4 Tbsp. butter (we used unsalted butter)
- 2 cups sliced mixed wild mushrooms (we used shiitake mushrooms)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 12 eggs, beaten (we used large eggs)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add the butter to a medium ovenproof skillet*, setting the heat to medium. Once the butter’s melted, add in the mushrooms, shallot and tablespoon of thyme. Stir the mushroom mixture around now and then for 8 minutes or until the mushrooms brown. Add the eggs and ¼ cup of Parmesan to the skillet, seasoning afterwards (we decided to add a teaspoon each of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper). Place the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes or until the eggs have just set (took us 10 minutes). Pull the skillet out of the oven and top with additional Parmesan and thyme if you want (we did).
Seves 4 to 6
*We weren’t sure what they meant by “medium” so we used our 12-inch cast-iron skillet.
This was the first time we made a frittata and it was delicious ! You get a little bit of that “meaty” texture from the shiitake mushrooms and while you can taste the Parmesan and oregano, it’s not a “punch you in the face” flavor, it’s more subtle. Hope you’ll like this as much as we did !
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !