- 12 dinner rolls or Hawaiian sweet rolls (we used Pepperidge Farm Golden Potato Slider Buns)
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (we used breast meat)
- ½ cup marinara sauce (we used Newman’s Own marinara)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced (we used Kraft Slim Cut Mozzarella)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped (we used freeze-dried chopped basil)
- ½ cup butter, melted (we used unsalted butter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (we used Italian parsley)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the rolls in half lengthwise (so you have a top half and a bottom half). Put the bottom half on a 9 x 13-inch* rimmed baking sheet (we lined our baking sheet with aluminum foil before placing the bottom half of the rolls on it). Take the chicken and spread it out evenly over the bottom half, topping the chicken with marinara , mozzarella, and basil afterwards. Put the remaining half of the buns on top.
- Add to a small bowl the butter, garlic, parsley and Parmesan, stirring to combine. Brush the butter mixture over the top rolls, sticking the baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes or until the bread looks golden brown. Slice into individual sliders and eat right away.
*Our buns were pre-sliced so we didn’t have to cut them in step 2.
**It’s not going to affect the dish if you use a baking sheet that’s bigger than 9 x 13-in.
This was such a nice portable way to enjoy chicken parm. The dish does need some salt to really bring out the flavors but once you’ve added that salt, you’ll realize why we thought this was tasty enough to post. We also loved the ooey gooey melted cheese and the light crispy crunch that the bread had. To us, we think that this is a great party/game day food !
This recipe came from Tasty.
We weren’t paid in any form to mention Pepperidge, Newman’s, Kraft, or Tasty.
Take care everybody !