- 2 lbs. 90% lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. each salt, cumin, chili powder, paprika (we used smoked paprika), dried oregano, and black pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. ground red
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 3 cans (10 ½ oz. each) diced tomatoes w/ green chiles
- 1 jar (16 oz.) salsa (we used Pace mild)
- 1 onion, chopped (we used a yellow onion)
- Take a large mixing bowl out and mix together in it the beef, salt, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic and ground red pepper.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat, pouring the oil in afterwards. Once the oil’s hot, add the beef in, cooking it to get browned for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring it around so the meat gets broken up. Drain off any fat before mixing in the tomatoes, salsa and onion. Place the meat mixture into a 4 ½-qt. slow cooker, putting the lid on afterwards. Let it cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Serve immediately.
This wasn’t as spicy as we thought it’d be, although it did get a little bit spicier overnight. We loved how easy this was to make, we’ll probably just be using a spicier salsa next time though.
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Pace.
Take care everybody !