- 1 pkg. frozen skin-on french fries (30 oz.)
- 1 pkg. pepperoni slices, divided (3.5 oz.)
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce (we used Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce)
- 2 cups shredded Italian or pizza blend cheese (8 oz.) (we used Sargento 6 cheese Italian)
- 2 Tbsp. each sliced ripe black olives and sliced banana pepper rings (we used sliced black olives and Mt. Olive Hot Banana pepper rings)
- Chopped fresh parsley (we used Italian parsley)
- Grated Parmesan
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Take a baking sheet and spray it with nonstick spray (we lined our sheet with aluminum foil and place them in the oven to cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until the fries have become crisp and golden.
- Take half of the pepperoni slices and dice them. Place the diced pepperoni in a skillet that’s set over medium-high heat. Stir the pepperoni for 3 to 5 minutes or until it looks crispy. Pour the marinara in and let it simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until it looks thick.
- Preheat your broiler to high with a rack set 6 inches from the broiler element.
- Pour the marinara mixture over the fries, tossing to coat. Top the coated fries with the shredded cheese, remaining pepperoni, olives, and the pepper rings.
- Place the sheet under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and looks browned (we broiled ours for 5 minutes).
This really does taste like pizza but with fries ! The fries did get soft after getting tossed in the pizza sauce mixture so we’d suggest just serving the pepperoni pizza sauce on the side as a dipping sauce. This way you still get all the flavors minus the soggy fry experience. Trying to get the cheese browned caused it to get a little dried out so we’ll probably just pull the fries out next time at the 3 minute mark where it looked nice and melted (just not browned). The banana pepper rings got a little dried out and lost some of their acidity when they got put under the broiler so we’d suggest keeping some extra slices on hand to add on after if you love the zippiness that banana peppers bring. Even though there’s a few tweaks to make, we’d gladly make this again. You get to enjoy all the flavors of a pizza but on fries instead of a pizza crust, makes it a fun snack to enjoy !
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Classico, Sargento, or Mt. Olive.
Take care everybody !