- 1 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. sambal oelek
- 2 tsp. light agave nectar (we used Madhava Organic Golden Light 100% Blue Agave nectar)
- 1 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz. green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces (this usually meant cutting a green bean into 2 or 3 pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together everything but the green beans. Add the green beans to the bowl, tossing to coat.
- Take a baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Spread the green beans out on the lined baking sheet, placing the sheet in the oven for 18 minutes, stirring them around halfway through.
These green beans live up to their name, we loved the balance between sweet and spicy !
This is a vegan version of a recipe we’ve had for a while (and we’re not sure where the original version came from).
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Madhava.
Take care everybody !