- 1/2 cup peach preserves (we used Smucker’s brand)
- 1/4 cup chili sauce (we used Heinz brand)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup bourbon (we used Jim Beam)
- 12 ounces grilled chicken strips (we cooked up 12 ounces of Beyond Meat grilled chicken strips)
- 4 onion buns, split in half
- 4 leaves Bibb lettuce, rinsed and patted dry (we used Butter lettuce)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Red onion slices, peeled (optional) (we used them)
- Take a medium-sized skillet out (we used a saucepan) and add the peach preserves to it, setting the skillet over medium heat. Once the preserves have melted, mix in the chili sauce, molasses and bourbon. Once the mixture’s at a boil, stir in the chicken and turn the heat down so it’s at a simmer. Let simmer for 5 minutes. During those 5 minutes, take the bottom half of the buns and place the lettuce, tomatoes and red onion on (if you’ve decided to use red onion).
- Use tongs to take the chicken out of the sauce and divide it among the bottom buns. Top the chicken with the top halves of the buns. Eat right away with some extra sauce on the side.
This tasted really good ! Even if you don’t dip your sandwich into the extra sauce, this can be a bit messy so make sure you have some napkins or paper towels nearby when eating this. This was good even without the tomato, the onion slices provide a sharpness which contrasts against the sweetness in the sauce.
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Smucker’s, Heinz, Jim Beam or Beyond Meat.
Take care everybody !