- 1 cup brown rice
- Tahini Lemon Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (we used reduced-sodium soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce (they gave a recipe but we just used Annie’s vegan Worcestershire sauce)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (we used extra-virgin olive oil)
- Vegetable oil for sautéeing
- 1/2 to 1 bunch kale, deveined and chopped (we used 1 bunch)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces seitan, sliced in strips (we used Sweet Earth Traditional Seitan Strips)
- Shredded carrot, to taste (1 carrot shredded should be enough)
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package they came in.
- Make the tahini lemon sauce simply by taking a mixing bowl out and adding all the sauce ingredients to it, stirring to combine. Leave the sauce off to the side for now.
- Take a sauté pan (we used a large skillet) and pour a small amount of oil in. Once the oil’s hot, add the kale in. When you notice the kale is starting to wilt, mix the beans and seitan in, cooking until they’re heated through.
- Pour all of the sauce into the pan, stirring so all of the food gets coated in the sauce as well. Serve right away with your own desired amount of carrots.
This dish wasn’t bad but it was a weird blend of flavors that left our taste buds confused. We’re okay with not making this again.
This recipe came from Vegan Yum Yum.
We weren’t paid in any form to mention Annie’s Sweet Earth or Vegan Yum Yum.
Take care everybody !