- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (12-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes and pressed to drain water
- 3 cups baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups peeled red or Yukon potatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Pour the oil into a large skillet, setting the skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil’s hot, carefully add the tofu in and let it cook for 5 minutes or until the edges look crisp, turning occasionally during that time.
- Take a 4-quart slow cooker out and add the following ingredients to it, stirring to make sure everything’s mixed together: tofu, baby carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, water, coconut milk, red curry paste, bouillon cube and salt.
- Put the lid on your slow cooker and either cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve the curry over rice and garnish with cilantro.
We love curry but this was disappointing. The vegetables looked drained of color and even though there were multiple big flavors that went into this, the finished dish just didn’t have a lot of flavor. The one upside to this was that this was a cheap dish to make ! If you just need something to help make your money stretch a little more and don’t care much about flavor than this is perfect for you !
We got this recipe from “The Super Easy Vegan Slow Cooker Cookbook”.
We weren’t paid in any form to mention “The Super Easy Vegan Slow Cooker Cookbook”.
Take care everybody !