- 2 (15-oz. each) cans black beans, drained or about 2 cups cooked black beans (I used 2 cans of black beans)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce (I used reduced-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 cups broccoli slaw (store-bough or make your own blend with shredded broccoli, carrots and red cabbage)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (I used extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Warmed tortillas for serving (I used corn tortillas)
- Pepitas, for garnish
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Place the beans, coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce, cumin, salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika and chili powder in a medium-sized cast-iron pan or saucepan, stirring to combine. Simmer the bean mixture over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the beans simmer, take a mixing bowl out and add to it the broccoli slaw with the remaining two tablespoons of lime juice, olive oil, and salt, tossing to combine.
- Divide the beans evenly among the tortillas, topping it with the broccoli slaw, pepitas and cilantro. Eat right away.
This was a tasty taco ! The crunch from the slaw and pepitas were a nice contrast to the soft black beans. It was just a little dry but adding on some taco sauce (I used Taco Bell sauce) took care of that problem and added flavor !
This recipe came from The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Taco Bell or The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook.
Take care everybody !