- 1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot) (I used Frank’s Red Hot original)
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. boneless , skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces (I used chicken tenders)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (I grated the cheese on the small holes of the grater)
- 1 tsp. each black pepper and garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Ranch dressing and celery sticks
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Take a baking sheet and spray the inside of it with nonstick spray (I lined the baking sheet with aluminum foil and used nonstick spray on the foil).
- Take a saucepan and add the hot and butter to i, setting the saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter’s melted, take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the chicken, making sure all the pieces are coated.
- Take a shallow dish and mix the panko, Parmesan, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne together in it. Take the chicken out of the hot sauce, letting the excess drip off (I may have gotten impatient and tried to shake it off.) Drop the chicken into the panko mixture, pressing the mixture onto the chicken so it stays on. Place the chicken nuggets on the sprayed baking sheet. Once all the chicken nuggets are on the sheet, spray the tops of the chicken nuggets with nonstick spray.
- Place the nuggets in the oven to cook for 10 minutes, flipping them over, then cooking them for another 10 mines.
This is supposed to serve 4 but it tastes so da*n good that you’ll want to eat the whole batch yourself ! The nuggets have a little crispy crunch to their coating but the flavor is what makes you never want to stop eating this. You can definitely taste the Parmesan but you still get this nice level of heat as well. The spiciness does build a little the more you eat it never overwhelming . Because I like the level of heat in this, I never bothered using the ranch to temper the spiness.
This recipe came from Cuisine At Home.
I wasn’t paid in any form to promote Frank’s Red Hot original) or Cuisine At Home.
Take care everybody !