Finally, I have a recipe to share with y’all after what feels like too freaking long !
- 16 Oreo cookies, broken into chunks*, divided (I used original Oreos)
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter (I used unsalted butter)
- 2 2/3 cups white baking chips**
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Crushed peppermint candies, optional (I didn’t use them)
- Take an 8-in. square dish out and line the inside of it with aluminum foil, spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray afterwards. Take half of the broken Oreos and spread them out across the bottom of the dish.
- Take a heavy saucepan and add the milk, butter and baking chips to it. Set the saucepan over low heat and stir constantly until the chips have melted and everything’s combined (not gonna lie, I don’t workout much so my arms got a little bit of a workout stirring this). Take the saucepan off the heat and add the vanilla extract in, stirring to combine.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cookies in the dish, spreading it out evenly (the chocolate will start to cool down and harden a little so move quickly). Sprinkle what’s left of the cookies over the top as well as the crushed peppermint candies (if you’re using them that is), cover with more foil and place the dish in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour before taking it out and cutting it into individual pieces.
Makes 3 dozen pieces.
*I broke the cookies up just using my hands but you could place them in a resealable bag and break them up in there if you don’t want to get your hands dirty.
**I used an entire (11 oz.) package of Ghirardelli Classic White Baking Chips and had to use Toll House Premier White morsels to finish getting the 2 2/3 cups called for.
Have you ever tried a Hershey’s Cookies ‘N’ Creme bar? This fudge taste just like it but with a fudge consistency ! You can eat this after the initial hour and it’s slightly firm but will almost melt in your mouth when you bite into it. Letting it sit overnight in the fridge will help firm it up a little bit more and get that fudge consistency that mommy says she’s more used to. The cookies will lose their crunch but they don’t get soggy either. To be honest, it tastes delicious enough that I want to bring some of it to to people I like but it also tastes so good that I sort of don’t want to !
This recipe came from Taste of Home.
I wasn’t paid in any form to promote/mention Oreo, Ghirardelli, Toll House, Hershey’s or Taste of Home.
Take care y’all !