- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1/3 cup olive oil (we used Colavita extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt (we used table salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Slice the tofu into 1/2-inch cubes* and put the cubes in a shallow container (we used a 2-cup container). Add the remaining ingredients to the container, tossing to combine and to make sure all of the tofu is coated in the marinade.
- Place the container in the fridge for 30 minutes, turning the tofu after 15 minutes. Once the 30 minutes has passed, the tofu is ready to be taken out of the marinade and used in recipes ! If you have leftovers, just put the tofu back in the marinade, covering it tightly and leaving it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
*We cut the tofu into 1/2-inch wide slabs before pressing and draining it. We then cut it into 1/2-inch cubes afterwards.
This tofeta was scrumptious ! The lemon and oregano tastes so good together in this that we could easily just snack on the tofu, no recipes calling for feta necessary ! The texture surprisingly reminded us of room temp. Monterey Jack cheese. We needed a recipe to try this out with so we chose the Chipotle-Lime Cauliflower Tacos (the recipe called for using feta or queso fresco). The tofeta tasted fantastic with it ! We hope you enjoy this as much as we did !
This recipe came from “vegan on the cheap”.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Colavita or “vegan on the cheap”.
Take care everybody !